2018 School Program
Supporting creative development in Victorian schools for over 10 years.
About us and this Program
Eagles Nest Theatre (ENT) was founded in 2006 by prolic theatre-maker James Adler. Over its ten year history, the company has developed a reputation for delivering high quality performances in high schools and the public arena, reaching over 100 schools in Victoria each year. Our public performances have toured within metro and regional Australia and internationally including New York, Paris, London and Shanghai.
Theatre-In-Education experiences with Eagle’s Nest are aimed at augmenting and enhancing students’ class work to achieve top outcomes of the English/ EAL, Literature and Drama VCE Study Designs. We keep the style and language of the workshops interactive, allowing all students to be included and giving them the opportunity to realise that they have something profound to say, on their own terms. Our speci c focus is on engaging students directly with the text, and encouraging a discourse that helps them to develop the skills and techniques to create meaningful and insightful written responses.
We pride ourselves on having forged an ongoing dialogue with teachers, and the success we have achieved is very closely linked with us being able to match your needs.
Our Theatre-In-Education programs have been so successful in Australia that we are now assisting organisations around the world to establish similar programs. In 2018, we are proud to include among our features.
Department of Education
Eagle’s Nest Theatre acknowledges the support of the Department of Education and Training through the Strategic Partnerships Program. The Victorian Government’s goal is to achieve world-leading educational performance over the next ten years. The vision is that every Victorian thrives, learns and grows to enjoy a productive, rewarding and ful lling life, while contributing to their local and global communities.
Main Program – 2 hours
SHORT PERFORMANCES & WORKSHOP (SPW)
This is especially put together for our texts; Medea, Romeo & Juliet and Macbeth
COMPREHENSIVE WORKSHOPS (C)
Offered for all our texts
Further Available Program – 1 hour
SHORT PERFORMANCES (SP)
Only available for Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth and Medea
Offered for all our texts
FULL PERFORMANCES (F)
Each year we try and offer at least one full performance for students to see.
TAILOR MADE (T)
We are open to also create workshops on specic requests
- Programs are charged at a per student price which range from $8.50 to $17.00.
- Each text has a MINIMAL BOOKING number of 100 students.
- If you have a small class and can’t pay the minimum booking number, please get in touch as you may be able to pair up with another school.
- There is no maximum number. Additional students, above the minimal booking number, will simply be charged at the per head price.
- You will find the individual cost per student for either the 1 hour or 2 hour program alongside the names of the texts below.
Facilitated by one of our Artistic directors, a team of professional actors present performances and readings from texts tailored to enhance your current studies.
Our team will provoke questions about the text and facilitate open discussion between creatives, students and teachers.
Scenes will be brought to life to enhance a deeper understanding and in some cases different versions will be presented to show how a directors vision can also influence the text
English: Introducing Shakespeare Years 7 – 11
- Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare 2 hour program: $10.50 / 1 hour program: $8.50
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare 2 hour program: $10.50 / 1 hour program: $8.50
VCE: English/EAL List 1: Reading and Creating Texts
- Medea by Euripides 2 hour program: $15 / 1 hour program: $12
- Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare Comp W’kshop = $15 / Short W’shop = $12
- Extinction by Hannie Rayson Comprehensive Workshop = $15 / Short Workshop = $12
VCE: English/EAL List 2: Reading and Comparing Texts
- Black Diggers by Tom Wright Comprehensive Workshop = $17 / Short Workshop = $14
- The Crucible by Arthur Miller Comprehensive Workshop = $15 / Short Workshop = $12
- Bombshells by Joanna Murray-Smith & The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
Comprehensive Workshop = $15 / Short Workshop = $12
VCE: Literary Texts
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams Comprehensive W’shop = $15 / Short W’shop = $12
- A Taste of Honey by Shelagh Delaney Comprehensive Workshop = $15 / Short Workshop = $12
Other Popular Works
- 12 Angry Men by Reginald Rose Comprehensive Workshop = $15 / Short Workshop = $12
- Cosi by Louis Nowra Comprehensive Workshop = $10.50 / Short Workshop = $8.50
- Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare Comprehensive W’shop = $10.50 / Short W’shop = $8.50
- No Sugar by Jack Davis Comprehensive Workshop = $17 / Short Workshop = $14
How to book
To book or to make an inquiry simply:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone (03) 9384 6900
Please include as many of the following details as possible that will help the process go a lot faster:
- name of school and teacher
- interested text/s
- possible dates/s
- (if known), an approximate number of attendance.One of our friendly staff will then get in touch with you to discuss booking options.
We are always seeking to improve the programs we have on offer and your feedback is an integral part of this process. Please complete the forms below to let us know your thoughts!
Department of Education and Training
Wonderland Interactive Storytelling
A fun and imaginative journey that allows each child to grow and develop confidence in their social and creative potential.
Wonderland – Interactive Storytelling is a new literacy program we are about to
launch in Australia for Early Years, Prep and Grade 1 students.
As the name suggests it is interactive storytelling and is a lovely mix of drama, art and literacy.
You can also download a free sample of the first booklet that will be released and ready for the 2018 School Year.