Types of Programs
Comprehensive Workshop (CW)
A condensed 60-70 min performance of the text with a small number of workshopped scenes.
Short Performance / Workshop (SPW)
Rehearsal room style readings of key scenes and facilitated discussion with students about how they can interpret, and write about the play.
Pre-recorded Presentations (PR)
Delivery is generally live at your school but during covid we filmed most programs on zoom. Pre-recorded workshops are often of interest to schools with smaller numbers and or if
a school is faced with covid closures etc.
Reserve your spot now!
You can now secure your theatre in education program booking through our online reservation system.
WOMEN OF TROY by Euripides
“The mortal who sacks fallen cities is a fool, his own turn must come” Performance The screams of the women of Troy reverberate through time, echoing into the contemporary world….
ROMEO AND JULIET by William Shakespeare
O teach me how I should forget to think” Performance “I saw Shakespeare, it wasn’t hard, and don’t tell anyone but I may have even liked it.” This is the…
MACBETH by William Shakespeare
“Let not light see my black and deep desires” Performance When an evil person gets what’s coming to them there is no tragedy.This production focuses on the familiarity and banality…
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING by William Shakespeare
“I do spy some marks of love in her.” Performance This short performance is a joyful bubbling brook of a rom-com with a warning sign that malice, power games and…
THE CRUCIBLE by Arthur Miller
(Studied in comparison to The Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham) Because it is my name. At first glance, the contrast between the comedy of The Dressmaker and the high drama horror of…
MEDEA by Euripides
Yes Jason to break your heart. The tale of Medea’s vicious revenge killing of her children strikes at symbols deeply rooted in our culture. Medea is a feminist hero –…
TWELVE ANGRY MEN by Reginald Rose
We have a reasonable doubt. In addition to unpacking the narrative, the workshop investigates the construction of characters and other dramatic elements, to present a reading of the play as…
PHOTOGRAPH 51 by Anna Ziegler
(Studied in comparison with My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin) Photograph 51 rewrites the story of DNA, highlighting Rosalind Franklin’s role in a discovery conventionally attributed to James Watson and Francis…
EXTINCTION by Hannie Rayson
This play deals with a wide variety of possibly interrelated extinctions: the extinction of the Tiger Quoll; the impending threat of global warming and the extinction of humanity; the extinction…
BOMBSHELLS by Joanna Murray-Smith
The young woman who needs the dress, the mother fraying at the edges, the older woman who remains a sexual being: comedic stereotypes of women who inhabit our world that…
COSI by Louis Nowra
Cosi invites audiences to share Lewis’ journey as he overcomes his prejudice regarding mental health and discovers the power in the silliness of a Mozart Opera. Set against the backdrop…
Terms and Conditions 2023
EAGLES NEST THEATRE CO.
SCHOOL PROGRAM BOOKINGS
TERMS & CONDITIONS 2023
BOOKING CONFIRMATION & PAYMENT PROCESS
- Your school provides booking dates and times and we email booking quote email with terms and conditions.
- To confirm the booking you need to review details and then electrictonically accept the terms and conditions
- You will be sent a formal booking confirmation and invoice.
- Invoices can be paid at the time of booking or after the delivery.
- If you pay in full prior to delivery, you receive a 5% discount.
NB. If paying at the time of the booking and the numbers in attendance are higher than the booking estimate an additional invoice will be issued after delivery.
If the booking is cancelled by Eagles Nest Theatre:
A full refund of any money paid will be returned to the client.
If the booking is cancelled by the school:
- more than 6 weeks prior to the program delivery, schools may be charged a $250 cancellation fee.
- less than 6 weeks prior to program delivery – schools may be charged 50% of the original agreed booking fee.
- less than 2 weeks prior program delivery – schools may be charged the full costs of the original agreed booking fee
Once a booking has been confirmed if you need to reschedule additional costs may be incurred.
Rescheduling fees are in addition to the original booking costs.
If you notify us of your need to reschedule:
- more than 6 weeks prior to the program delivery – schools will be charged a $100 rescheduling fee to cover administrative costs.
- less than 6 weeks prior to the program delivery – schools will be charged a $100 rescheduling fee to cover administrative costs plus 50% of the total actors fees payable for the booking so that actors are compensated for lost work.
- less than 2 weeks prior to the program delivery – schools will be charged a $100 rescheduling fee to cover administrative costs plus 100% of the total actors fees payable for the booking so that actors are compensated for lost work.
NB. Any cancellation of a rescheduled booking is calculated on the date of the original booking not on the date to which a booking is rescheduled.
COVID-19 DELIVERY CLAUSE
As long as Covid remains an issue, on occasions we may need to substitute actors into programs on short notice.
Should schools cancel a booking as a result of a covid situation the standard cancellation policy above applies.